Thursday 17 April 2014

Mulberry Restaurant & Bar, Jalan Ampang

Along a row of what I would call run down buildings, number 9 clearly stands out, what more with the huge font ‘MULBERRY CAFE’. To find the parking to this building is a little on the challenging side if you have not been here before. Let me give you a simple guide as to how to get here. There is obviously no access to the parking lots from the front of the building. 


You would need to drive along Jalan Gereja, go up the hill that leads you to St John’s cathedral. Drive past the cathedral and look out for a huge number 9 on your right. Tell the car park attendant that you are going to Mulberry, get the parking paper (yes, it’s just a thin piece of paper) from him and when you dine at Mulberry, get it stamped for free parking. Easy peasy!

Set lunch was available at RM30. I had the fruit punch – love this tangy drink!
  

 I chose Mexican seafood salad for starters. I love the colourful and impeccably presented salad.  The seafood was fresh and the taste was simply superb.


For the main course, I decided on the pan- seared lemon salt red tilapia. Served with sautéed vegetables as well as  pineapple and apricot chutney , I found the taste of this dish to be unusual….I would think that’s the best word I can think of. I wouldn’t say it was delicious, but it wasn’t bad either….it just tasted, well, UNUSUAL!


This is my dessert –semolina pudding. If you are wondering what semolina is, it is the coarse grains which are leftover after flour is milled.



Address: 9 Ming Annexe
alan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Mastercard & Visa accepted


No comments:

Post a Comment