Tuesday 1 April 2014

Malaqa Nyonya House, SS15 Subang

We were craving for good, authentic Nyonya food once again last evening after our nice meal nyonya meal in Melaka. So, we decided to take a slow drive around SS15 in search of one. We saw this place called Malaqa and decided to give it a try.





I love how this place has been done up to give me that real Nyonya feel as I walked in….




We ordered warm water (50 sen each) and a strawberry smoothie (RM9.50) and an apple juice (RM4.50). The apple juice wasn’t freshly squeezed juice and was way too sweet for me.

This is chicken ponteh – 4 pieces of chicken for RM12.50. It was not bad, but definitely did not match the ones my Nyonya grandma used to make.


This is lemak pineapple prawn (RM14.50) – with the right amount of coconut milk and spices, this was indeed awesome.

Steam ladies fingers (RM7.50) – perfectly steamed to maintain the crispiness of the okra yet not over steaming them, this was a great dish..and  I’ll say the sambal was slightly better than grandma’s!!



Golden pillow (RM6) – we did not have any idea what this was…and when it came, I did not touch this at all. This had durian paste fillings and I am NOT a durian fan. I must say that it would be good if the waiter had told us what the ‘pillows’ contained when we placed our order.



Address : 84G, Jalan SS15/4
Subang Jaya
Tel : +603 5612 3618
Opening hours: 10am to 11pm
Mastercard & Visa accepted


No comments:

Post a Comment