Sunday 13 October 2013

Xenri D’Garden Japanese Cuisine, Menara Hap Seng

 
I’ve heard a lot about this place but have never been there. Apparently they have another outlet in Wisma Elken on Old Klang Road as well as 2 other outlets, one each in Causeway Bay, Hong Kong and Nanjing Road, Shanghai.

Locating this outlet requires some effort. You need to go to the second floor of the building where you will see a little garden, which I would say is ‘shared’ by Hakka Republic, Elegant Inn (previously reviewed) and Xenri D’Garden. Trust me – it’s a beautiful sight.


As I walked in I could feel a sense of serenity and calmness. I chose a table beside the water which are bubbling out of little basins….and I really felt very comfortable.

As I was alone, I looked through the set lunch menu. Prices start at RM24 all the way to RM70 for what is known as an executive lunch set.

I settled for the RM50 set known as Tokubetsu Bento. (Please note that ocha a.k.a green tea  is charged at RM3 per cup and is refillable at no extra charge). The sashimi was excellent – fresh, but I wish they were more generous with the wasabi. Well, that could be because I simply love to douse my sashimi in lots of wasabi…but for the ‘average’ sashimi eater, I think the wasabi should be enough.



The salmon was also fresh and well marinated and cooked. It was absolutely lovely! And did I say tell you about the lettuce and tomatoes? All fresh & juicy.

The tempura was done to perfection and I really liked the taste of it. Once again all the ingredients including the prawns were fresh.

The 2 pieces of tofu were tasty, and not soggy. The chawan mushi had a generous amount of mushrooms and the miso soup had lots of seaweed in it.
 

Overall it was a very pleasant meal and I especially love the fact that great effort has been put in to making the bento a joy for the eyes and stomach! And I can still hear the sound of the bubbling water til now!



Address: Lot No 2-04 Second Floor

Podium Block of Menara Hap Seng

Jalan P. Ramlee

50250 Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +603 2078 6688

Mastercard, Visa and Amex accepted



No comments:

Post a Comment