Monday 21 October 2013

Victoria Station, Taipan USJ


To the average Malaysian, the name Victoria Station simply refers to this reknowned chain serving excellent Western cuisine. However, whenever I mention about having a meal at Victoria Station, my English friends would say ‘ What? Where? Did you say Victoria Station?’.

And to that question I would answer ‘Yes, you heard me correctly – Victoria Station’

And  90% of the time I would hear this ‘Hmmm…what a strange name’.
 

 
Well, many of us know that Victoria Station is the name of a famous train station in London and as such the average Londoner will be confused about having a meal at a train station.

Anyway, there is an interesting history to our version of Victoria Station. The owners are of Hainanese descent and their forefathers used to work for the British – the Hainanese are known to be good cooks…and that is why they continue to serve us excellent food today.

My visit to the USJ Taipan outlet was a very pleasant one. It was raining cats and dogs when I parked my car a few doors away. The jockey came running to  us with 2 umbrellas. I was already impressed. We stood at the door for a little while admiring the ambience – you get the impression you are entering into a train….and of course, having a good meal there.


 

Lemon juice (RM6.90), juicy lychee RM7.90, honey dew juice (RM7.90) and honey lime (RM7.90) – these were our choices. All were good.
 
 
 



Cream of mushroom (RM7.90) – velvety textured with tiny pieces of mushroom, I slurped this soup with great satisfaction. What more on a cold and wet evening…it made me feel warm and comfortable!

 
Garlic toast (RM2.70) – I’ll use the word extraordinary to describe this. Perfectly toasted, the crunchy crust crumbles with each bite…love it!

 
Victoria Station salad (RM17.90) – unique and tasty!

 
 
We also tried the following – mixed grill (RM43.90) , Wild mushroom steak (RM44.90), Neptune Taurus delight (RM47.90), all poultry (RM28.90) and sizzling chicken (RM28.90). None of us had any complaints, in fact we were only full of good things to say about the food here. I need to emphasise that the all poultry was excellent – with a fine combination of grilled chicken fillet, sausages and pate, the platter was made even more colourful with fried eggs . With Victoria Station brown sauced poured on top and some broccoli and cauliflower, I had the perfect meal.
 
 
 
 
All poultry

 






 
 
Address : 21  Jalan USJ 10/1G

47620 Subang Jaya

Tel : +603 5637 33 88 / + 603 5636 7508

Visa, Master, Amex accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment