Wednesday 16 October 2013

Allegro Café SS15 Subang Jaya

I must say that it wasn’t easy for a first timer like me to locate Allegro Café. I’ve driven along this road at least a million times and never once have I noticed it. So this time around, I looked hard and I mean really hard as I wanted to have authentic Italian fare for lunch.






Ah, finally, I found it. Located on the first floor, the white and black signboard certainly isn’t attention grabbing at all. After walking up a flight of stairs we are relieved to see a very welcoming sight. In fact, the restaurant looks like a living room. To say that I was astonished with the layout would be an understatement.




Ice lemon tea (RM6) and vanilla milk shake (RM11) –somehow, I always find that Italians make excellent milk shakes! Love it.


Mushroom soup (RM11) – with cream of wild mushroom and herbs, this soup went very well with aromatic the garlic bread (RM5).







Allegro salad (RM15) – if what I interpret of the menu is correct this menu varies from day to day depending on the chef’s creativity. What I got today was not only colourful, it was very delicious too. I would definitely order salad if I come here again.




Spaghetti Bolognese -  al dente pasta served with minced beef and fine Italian tomato sauce always make a great plate of yummy goodness…and this is what Allegro serves. Perfect!



Pizza magherita – although the pricing is slightly steep at RM 25, this pizza was worth every penny as the combination of  mozzarella, oregano, tomatoes and cheese was not only aromatic but very  mouth-watering. I love the cheesy goodness of it.



Chicken cordon bleu (RM32) – what you get here is breaded chicken breast stuffed with turkey ham and mozzarella cheese and a choice of pasta or salad. I chose the latter.  I must say this is by far the BEST chicken cordon bleu I’ve ever had in Malaysia! The crispy chicken and the cheesy mozzarella was simply irresistible.



I am already thinking of what to order the next time I come here. Yes, it was EXCELLENT.

Address : 11A, 1st Floor, Jalan SS15/4

47500 Subang Jaya

Tel : +603 5631 5682

Mastercard & Visa accepted

Opening hours: 12.30pm-3pm, 6-11.30pm (Mon-Sat), For Sundays, please call.


No comments:

Post a Comment