Friday 13 September 2013

Retro Kitchen, SS2



I was invited for a little birthday celebration here at Retro Kitchen.  Retro Kitchen isn’t THAT easy to find, but now that I’ve been there, I would say look out for 7-11, it’s located right upstairs.



 

The look of the shop from the outside was nothing to shout about. In fact, it certainly didn’t stand out. But, when you enter you will be surprised, well, at least I was…to see the quite impressive collection of ….er…should I say antiques in the shop. I saw a television set from yester-years, an entire cabinet of charcoal operated irons that date as far back as 1928, milk tins that I swear I’ve never ever come across in my life….and lots more!


 

Drinks are aplenty here including beer. Here are some of the drinks we had :- Apple calamansi – that’s mine! I love the combination of sweet & sour..it was absolutely refereshing!
 
Carrot juice & apple calamansi



Carrot juice & ice lemon tea
 

Grilled chicken salad (RM12.90) – I ordered it as my entrée…and boy, was I shocked to see the size of the serving. It huge…but most important of all delicious. The well marinated chicken was grilled, yet it was tender and tasty. I love the bed of crisp salad, which was drizzled with some balsamic vinegar.
 
 

This is mushroom soup, served with a slice of garlic bread. The pure soup had plenty of mushroom flavour and of course mushroom  goodness and I really loved it.
 
 

Pineapple fried rice – when this was served, the aroma was just too tempting. I  couldn’t help but ask my son for a few spoonfuls of his rice. This must definitely be one of the better pineapple rice in town!  Besides that I also love the fact that the rice was served in what I call the ‘pineapple vessel’. This always makes pineapple rice somehow more appealing.
 
 

This is just a simple dish – noodles with chicken & some vegetables on the side – despite its plain presentation, this dish was delicious. The noodles were smooth and eating them was a pleasant experience.
 
 

Something from the kids menu – sausage fried rice. Well, yummy….but I’ll choose the pineapple rice, anytime and leave this for the kids!
 

 
Address :  8, M Floor

Jalan SS2/61

Petaling Jaya

Opening hours:  Tue-Fri  :12.00PM - 3.30PM / 5.30PM - 11.00PM

Sat- Sun :  12PM - 11.00PM

Tel : +603 7876 0036

Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment