Tuesday 19 June 2012

Kay Riches Café & Restaurant, Citta Mall



Another hazy day and the best bet would be to get something to eat at a Mall, where there’s covered car park and we won’t be exposed to the haze. The last time I looked for the entrance to Citta Mall I ended up eating at Da Feng Shou. So, today I was adamant  on succeeding in my search for Citta Mall. It’s a mall I see all the time as I drive to Subang Airport.

This time I had my GPS on and found Citta Mall –what a breeze!





Wash your hands here before your meal


Frankly the mall doesn’t look vibrant. Anyway, I was there to eat and nothing else. So I parked my car in the basement and got the kids to choose where they wanted to eat –within the mall, that is.

And their choice – Kay Riches Café & Restaurant. I’ll tell you why at the end of this post.


The Menu


Set lunch for weekdays



Oriental cuisine

Western cuisine



Kids Menu


As we walked in at 12 noon the place was empty. I have this pre-set idea that if a place is empty….it probably tells you a lot about the food. But, this time I can’t go back on my words..and since the kids have chosen, I had no choice, right?







This is what the 2 little fellos ordered. Kids meal, of course. Each costs RM11.80 and come with a free juice – mango or orange.  I was delighted to see that they actually gave the kids IKEA bowls, plates and  cutlery too.


For the adults we ordered 2 dishes to be shared. The first one was Seafood Bucket rice (RM 17.80). The bucket was filled with lovely fluffy rice, crab stick, prawns, squid and mussels. All these gave the rice a wonderful fragrant flavour.



We also had Roast Cajun chicken fettucini (RM 18.80). The chicken was well roasted and had sufficient spices for me.


This jug contains  longan with blackcurrant (RM10). It was mildly carbonated and would have been better if it had been watered down a little.


Well, parking is still free now, so I guess it’s a good time to check out Citta Mall if you haven’t  already done so. And…the question remains : Why did the kids choose Kay Café? Well,  they’ve been to this Mall before and they know this café is near the Parent’s Room. Inside  the Parent’s Room is a play area –slides, boat, caterpillar, etc….and yes, that was their ultimate destination! Kids these days….I tell you!!!

Kay Riches Café & Restaurant

Lot F43, 43A & 45, 1st Floor

Citta Mall

Jalan PJU 1A/46

47301 Petaling Jaya

Mastercard & Visa accepted


No comments:

Post a Comment