Wednesday 27 June 2012

Ah Yat, Life Centre, KL

Ah Yat Abalone is reknowned for its good food. So when the Life Centre outlet opened a couple of weeks ago, I made it a point to jot it down in my diary. I finally had the chance to go savour the food there today.


The ambience is as good as the ones at their other outlets. What I did not like were the private rooms which were a little stuffy, probably due to the air conditioning problem.

Braised shark’s fin with crab meat and bird’s nest – I love this bowl of yummy-licious soup. Filled with lots of superior quality products such as sharks fin & birds nest, this soup was clear and very tasty.


Stewed fresh abalone with sea cucumber – when I looked at the size of the abalone my jaw literally dropped –amazing! And yes, the same word can be used to describe the taste too.


Stir fried Hong Kong kai lan with abalone sauce – another pleasant dish. Love it!


Braised yee meen with mushrooms – frankly I found the noodles to be slightly plain and not up to the Ah Yat mark…if you know what I mean!


Roast duck – roasted to perfection, the skin was crispy and the meat just right!


Baked prawns with superior soup – again,the size of the prawns were commendable. The freshness of the prawns can be felt as I bit into the prawns.


Tau foo fah in a coconut – simply a great way to end my very satisfying meal here. The tau foo fah was really smooth.


I can’t wait to come back to Ah Yat and try the other interesting dishes they have on their menu.

Address : 2nd Floor Life Centre

20 Jalan Sultan Ismail

50250  Kuala Lumpur

Tel : +603 2155 3131

Opening hours:-
11.30am – 2.30pm Lunch.
6.00pm – 10.30pm Dinner.

Credit cards accepted


2 comments:

  1. The contact no. 03-21553131 is invalid. New contact no. should be 03-21663131.

    ReplyDelete