Saturday 23 June 2012

大 城 小 厨, Bandar Sunway



The signage is only in Chinese and it also mentions la mien and siu long pao. I was a little hesitant to enter as it really gave me the impression that this placed only served what I call a light meal of noodles and paos.

We somehow gathered enough courage to walk in. As we walked in we notice the left side was an area where noodles- la mien to be precise –was being made.

With air conditioning and soft Chinese music, I would say that it gave me a sense of comfort. For those who do not read or speak any Mandarin, ordering food would not pose a problem as the menu has lots of pictures albeit no roman letters. The restaurant is immaculately clean as it has just been in operations for a few months.

We ordered some drinks –watermelon juice (RM5), orange juice (RM5) and iced lemon tea (RM3). All were good and not too sweet. I noticed that the lady actually used 2 oranges to make the fresh orange juice…..good!



We ordered some dumplings (RM6). These 10 dumplings were truly a delight. Eating them on their own was already satisfying..but when you dunk (yes, that was what I did) them in the vinegar provided, they tasted even better.


This is cucumber –made into a pickle with vinegar and raw garlic. I like the slightly pungent taste of raw garlic which is being neutralised whenever I took a bite of the cucumber. Love it.


This is a simple vegetable dish (RM18). The aroma of sesame oil filled the air as this dish was served. The ‘lump’ in the middle is glass noodle and the tiny bits of red on top are finely chopped capsicum.

Next we had asparagus fried with beef (RM26). This was an interesting dish….I managed to find so many chillies in it – the chillies filled an entire rice bowl! I enjoyed this dish as the asparagus and the beef were both very tender.


This is spare ribs with sesame (RM24). This dish had a sweet sensation and the ribs were easy to eat.


Lotus root soup (RM8 per bowl). Kampung chicken was used to prepare this soup and this is evident from the tasty soup that I savoured.



Address: No 9G Jalan PJS 8/13

Dataran Mentari, Bandar Sunway

46150 Petaling Jaya

Tel : +6017 604 8786 / +6010 425 7088 (Liu Luwei)

Only cash is accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment