Monday 18 November 2013

Sam You Restaurant, Petaling Jaya

Sam You…how I love this restaurant. I was there again this afternoon – was invited to a baby’s full moon celebration. The lovely baby was quiet the entire time we were having our feast – well, she has learnt about manners….fast….from such a tender age!


The first two dishes are not from the restaurant. As with most Chinese full moon celebrations, the confinement lady will ‘show off’ her skills during the meal. And these 2 dishes were of course what she cooked for us that day :-

Pork trotters in vinegar – slightly too sour for my liking. I was surprised to see that this dish had lots of black beans in it. Frankly I’ve never ever seen black beans in any of the pork trotters in vinegar I’ve ever eaten.
 

Chicken soup  -with lots of ginger and Chinese rice wine. 1 sip and I could tell I didn’t really like Chinese rice wine – very sweet!
 

The following were the dishes prepared by Sam You:-

First and foremost – lotus roots with sweet peas  and celery. I love the crunchiness of the lotus roots as well as that of the celery. The wok hei (charring from heat) was sufficient and the dish was excellent.
 

Tofu – deep fried and served with chilli sauce – I’ve never been a tofu fan but this one did tease my tastebud. It was flavourful and the texture was not too soft.

 
Steamed cod fish -  Fresh cod fish always taste good on its own..so this is what I call a ‘no frills’ dish that brings out the wonderful taste of the cod fish. Brilliant!

I’ve reviewed the following dishes before in my previous blog so I shall just show you some pictures taken during the celebration.


 



 

Address: Lot 56/58, Jalan 52/4

 

Section 52, PetalingJaya

 

Tel: 03-7955 1197   

 

GPS: N3 05.957 E101 38.794

 

Opening Hours:11.30am - 2.30pm & 5.30pm - 10.30pm daily

 

Mastercard & Visa are accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment