Wednesday 27 March 2013

Restoran Kar Heong SS14 Subang



I’ve always been told that to identify a good restaurant all you need to do is to follow the crowd –meaning that you take a look at the number of customers eating in the restaurant, and if there are plenty of customers, that would NORMALLY mean that the food that is alright. And that was how I ended up at Kar Heong in SS14 Subang Jaya.

Without the slightest idea of what I was in for, I parked my car a few lots away and walked in. As I walked in I saw roasted pork, char siew and chicken –oh, a chicken rice shop in a row of shops that has countless number of bak kut teh shops!

One plus point of Kar Heong is that it has air conditioning , and this makes it a pleasant place to dine in as the day was rather hot.

Half a kampong chicken is priced at RM26. The smooth texture of the chicken skin was to die for. I really loved the taste of this chicken when eaten with oil rice (RM1.20 a bowl) . To enhance the taste of the chicken I just had to put lashings after lashings of their specially made chilli sauce.

This is hor fan with prawn wanton (RM6.50)– the broth was delicious and you can easily tell that lots of chicken bones have been put in to make this broth what it was.


Roasted pork and char siew  (RM13) – with a tinge of sweetness and saltiness and a combination of fat and lean meat, this dish was alright.


Pork balls in broth (RM8) – 10 pork balls in a nutritious broth –well, that says it all.


Ipoh bean sprouts (RM4) – short, thick and crunchy.


The one thing that confuses me here at Kar Heong is their staff – at times I was just tongue tied as I did not know what language to use to communicate with them – er….English can? Bahasa? Mandarin? Cantonese? ……..err…let me figure that out!



Address : No 60, Jalan SS14/2, Subang Jaya,


GPS Coordinate : N3 04.365 E101 35.408


Tel No : 012-605 6696  , 012-693 5355, 016-211 4482

Opening hours : 9am to 9pm

Only cash is accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment