Monday 25 March 2013

Korean Street Food

Here is a compilation of photos of what I called street food taken as I walked along the streets of Korea:-


I never found out what the top left hand food is. I did enquire but the seller and I did not share a common language...so too bad!

The lady in the top right hand corner is selling a fish-shaped delicacy. It is filled with red beans and eaten whilst still hot - very yummy!

The bottom right hand corner shows a very famous fruit shop - when translated it should be 'Fat Aunty Fruit Shop'. It is very rare to find overweight or oversized people in Korea. Hence, many tourist come here to see the owner who is a very fat lady who speaks many languages including Mandarin.


The strawberries were bought from Fat Aunty and they cost the equivalent of RM45- quite expensive but they are really juicy and are not normal strawberries. These are huge ones called ginseng strawberries.

I love the food shown in the top right hand corner (the ones on the chopsticks). It is sausages coated in rice and deep fried. Price : 2,000 won each (about RM6)


I was attracted to the lady and man in the pictures above because of their attire. I did buy some food from them. What the lady sells tasted a bit like our rice biscuit....but I'll choose rice biscuit anytime over what I tried that day ..hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment