Thursday 24 January 2013

Puchong Seafood Restaurant


Nestled amongst the busy rows of shoplots along Jalan Bandar Puchong is this restaurant that has a slightly faded signboard. If you are coming from Bandar Puteri , Puchong Seafood is just before Tesco.






I arrive one hot afternoon and discovered that this place has no air conditioning. I chose the table (mind you they have HUGE tables)  closest to the cashier as there was a ceiling fan turning vigourously  right above the table.



The waitress spoke Mandarin with a different accent. I could immediately tell that she was not a local. Anyway, we had a look at photographs  their ‘star’ dishes  which were proudly displayed along the walls of the restaurant. We ordered our drinks – watermelon & honey dew (RM3 each). What I really loved about this was that the fact that they were not too sweet.

The 4 dishes we ordered were:-


Butter prawn (RM35) – indeed a very good choice. I would rate this as the best butter prawn I’ve had in a long, long time. Fresh, succulent prawns will always be something that I welcome. Plus the fact that the butter was cooked into crispy strips that you can actually eat with rice…….how perfect! In fact, we ate everything up (minus the shell that is) .




This is something very unique and was highly recommended by the waitress who took our order – fat chicken steamed with lap cheong (chinese sausage) and salted fish  (RM18).  I did enquire what fat chicken was and she told me that it merely refers to normal chicken i.e not the kampong chicken variety. I’ll describe the taste as slightly salty, yet very tasty and truly out of this world. The chicken pieces were very tender too.


Marmite spare ribs (RM15) – this was slightly tough and requires some effort to chew it.  Marmite always has a bitter taste, but when cooked with the right amount of honey and sugar gives this dish an awesome taste.


Stir fried sweet potato leaves (RM10) – this was a simple dish, stir fried with garlic. The wok hei  was definitely excellent. In case you are wondering what I am babbling about, wok hei is a yardstick for judging a chef’s ability in stir frying.

 From where I was sitted, I could hear the ‘sound ‘of the the stove and the busy chef cooking away. I definitely think  this restaurant is a truly great find!



Address: 16G Jalan Bandar Lapan

Pusat Bandar Puchong

47100 Puchong

Tel : +603 5882 7175, +603 5882 7176

Mastercard & Visa accepted

Opens for lunch and dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment