Sunday 20 January 2013

Ah Yip Herbal, Summit USJ


I’ve eaten way too much meaty food lately and all I wanted was what I called plain vanilla food. That was how I ended up at Ah Yip Herbal located in Summit USJ. I have been here many times and can easily order food without any assistance whatsoever from their colourful menu or the waitresses.








This time around the 3 of us just wanted something simple. We ordered the chicken drumstick noodles in herbal soup (RM15.90). The drumstick was huge and tender. The soup was filled with herbal goodness and was definitely very appetising. My only complaint would be that the noodles were a tad little..well, maybe they figured out that with a drumstick of this size, one wouldn’t need too much noodles!

We also ordered sha shen soup (沙参 RM15) . It is known as a lung nourishing soup. With its mildly sweet taste, this soup was pleasant on the palate. I was told that it helps dissolve heated phlegm,  moisten the throat as well as eliminate skin dryness.

We also had this huai qi soup (RM22) which was said to be good for the eyes. Since I have been experiencing what people call ‘panda eyes’ for the last few days, I decided to give it a try. Sweet, yet sourish is how I would describe this soup. And it really went well with rice, yau mak (vegetable) and the chicken we ordered- paid an additional RM22 for these.





To end this wonderfully nutritious meal, we had black jelly (price included in the RM22 mentioned earlier) and some toothsome longan drink (RM5.50) and honey (RM3). By the way, if you are a world card member dont forget to bring your card to collect 10 points for every $ spent.





 
Address: Lot LG 51 & 52 Lower Ground Floor

The Summit Subang USJ

Persiaran Kewajipan

USJ 1 47600 UEP Subang Jaya

Tel :  +603 8024 7793

 Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment