Thursday 3 January 2013

Pizza Express, Whiteley’s


It was raining outside and we had no choice but to find something quick to eat inside a shopping centre. That was how we ended up at Pizza Express. I notice that there were many mums /dads having lunch with their children there.

 
 
 
 
 
I was very thirsty and ordered 2 drinks – both of which are bottled – elderflower presse (£2.80) and raspberry lemonade (£2.80). Both were refreshingly good and I loved them.

 
 
 
As I was feeling a little adventurous that day, I decided to try the four seasons pizza –which is a complete pizza made of 4 different toppings.  Magherita, mushroom, anchovies and pepperoni was what I got. Well, the pizza was just average.

 
 
To have a more balanced meal, I ordered a side salad for £3.50. Although it was without any dressing, this salad was delicious as the vegetables used were very fresh.

 
 
The kids had it better. For £6.45 each, kids get to choose from a Piccolo Menu. If you are wondering what piccolo is, it means small in Italian. But I would say the entire set meal isn’t that small…if you know what I mean. Piccolo menu consists of starters , main (a choice of pasta or pizza) and dessert.
 
 
This is the starters which looked quite interesting to me – some baked buns which tasted really awesome and a  piccolo salad made of capsicum, 2 slices of cucumber and a single baby tomato cut into 2.

 
 
This is the main course – macaroni. I was shocked that the pasta was not well cooked. Some portions remained  as hard as stones!

 
We had strawberry & chocolate sundae for dessert.

 
Address: Whiteley’s Shopping Centre
Queensway  W2 4SB





























No comments:

Post a Comment