Friday 13 June 2014

Cicerello’s, Fremantle


If you are wondering why I have not updated my blog for about a week, thats because I was out of the country.

About half an hour’s drive or so  from Perth is the village …oops CITY of Fremantle. Frankly I find it to be a little too tiny to be a city. Anyway Fremantle is a harbour due to its location which is just at the mouth of the Swan River.


I took a stroll along its streets and got the feeling that I was back in time….many of the streets will give you the feeling that you are somehow lost in the 19th century.





Well, maybe this is what charms most tourist and after an hours' walk I decided it was time to eat.

My choice was none other than Cicerello’s. Established in 1903, it prides itself as ‘Western Australia’s Number 1 Fish n Chips’. The view from the restaurant is simply mesmerising and the atmosphere is relaxing.


I chose to sit right next to the harbour. Many ships are docked there and birds are flying everywhere.



I ordered 2 types of food (yes..because I was starving after all the walking). The lady took my order  and I paid up. I expected to be given my food…but no, she gave me this device and told me to wait for my turn.


I went back to my table and after some time, the device  vibrated . So I  went back to the counter and collected my food.


I really loved the tasting plate. Everything was so fresh...….finished up everything…after all it costs a bomb (after conversion it would be over RM100!)




I didn’t finish the fish and chips (which by the way was ordered because I wanted to find out how WA’s best fish and chips tasted) perhaps because I was too full after eating the tasting plate and also because I am not that crazy for fish and chips.

Another restaurant in the vicinity
Address :Fishermans Wharf, 44 Mews Road, Fremantle 6160 Australia
Opening hours: 10am until late (7 days a week). Closed on Christmas Day




No comments:

Post a Comment