Tuesday 11 March 2014

Chocolote Ville, Bangkok

I really don’t know what to start babbling about when it comes to Chocolate Ville. I am still very excited about the place…Well, perhaps I should tell you about my journey there. From my hotel in On Nut to Chocolate Ville, it took over an hour….we went through small roads and massively jammed roads to arrive at Chocolate Ville at opening time which was 4pm. The journey back to the hotel took a mere 15 minutes because the cabbie refused to use the meter and told us that he would use the highway. Frankly, even as I am writing here, I have no complaints as I would rather pay a premium to use the highway and save an hour! Sigh….if only the first taxi driver had told me about the highway, I would have gladly used it.









The first impression I got when we arrived at Choc Ville was it was very westernised. The ambience was simply perfect and everything was certainly above par. I would advise anyone coming here to make a reservation first as the place gets pretty packed as the evening progresses. It is best to arrive at around 4pm as this place is simply picturesque and the photos taken here would simply turn out perfect. There is even a tower which you can climb to have an aerial view of the place.


After walking around for about 2 hours we headed to our pre-booked table to savour the food. Despite its very westernised ambience, English is not commonly used here and only a handful of the servers here speak English. In fact, many of the waiters and waitresses here do not even understand English, but that would not pose a problem as the menu has lots of pictures.
These are the food & drinks we ordered to share:-





I would say that all the dishes ordered were perfect but if I had to choose one dish, I would highly recommend the ribs – succulent, juicy, yummy..well, I just cant get the correct word to describe these ribs which fall right out of the bone…simply marvellous!














The damage for the meal …I would say it was reasonably priced as the quality of the food is simply outstanding.







Address: 351, Khan Na Yao, Bangkok 10230, Thailand
Tel : +66 83 077 3738
Opens at 4pm
Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment