Monday 28 May 2012

Delicious, Setia City Mall

Setia City Mall opened its doors on 17 May 2012. I went there with one motive- to dine in a particular restaurant (name shall not be mentioned) but was in for a let down as it was still not opened. The air conditioning was not functioning well and the place was filled with dust.

I must have walked in circles for close to 45 minutes before finally settling for Delicious. It was like a sauna as we walked in...but there wasn't much choice. The place was filled with people, many of whom were having lunch after walking (and shopping) around the mall.

We ordered ice lemon tea which came with free refills (not bad!) and some honey lemon (RM5.90) for my sore throat. I was happy to note that the honey was served separately and I only needed to pour in as much honey as I needed. How I wish all restaurants in Malaysia will do the same as I frankly feel that our drinks are often served with way tooooo much sugar.




This is mushroom soup with bread (RM14.90) - excellent, with a generous amount of mushrooms.


This is grilled chicken salad (RM25.90). I love the tiny pieces of avocado and the cranberry in this salad. Howecer the chicken was a tad tough.



Two kiddie meals were ordered -ham cheese sandwich which was rather tasteless and spaghetti bolognese - can't comment much on these 2 sets  -suffice to say that even the kids said there were 'not nice'.





Pan seared cod (RM50.90) . The cod was delicious but I can't say the same for all other items on the plate!



Seafood pasta (RM30.50) - this had to be the best dish we had that day. The pasta was well cooked and the sauce was tasty...wouldn't mind having a second helping!



Nasi lemak (RM29.90) -with a few pieces of keropok (fish crackers), some rendang chicken and 2 prawns, this must be one of the more expensive nasi lemaks in town! Sadly, the price tag does not in anyway reflect the taste of this nasi lemak.



We also had half a dozen of macaroons and that cost RM12.90 - needed something to sweet to end my 'not so sweet meal' there!


Address : LG 29 Setia City Mall
Setia Alam

Mastercard & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment