Monday 2 January 2012

KimchiHaru SS15 Subang Jaya

It’s a rainy evening and what we need is some piping hot food –i.e. food which will be served hot to us. “Why not give Korean food a shot”, I said. Thus begins our search for Kimchi Haru, a Korean food outlet which has opened its latest outlet in SS15 Subang Jaya. For the record, they have 2 other outlets in Jaya One & also IOI Boulevard.
As we browsed through the menu we couldn’t resist the fresh strawberry juice (RM7.50)- sorry no photo of this as I finished it all up in a few gulps. The drink was absolutely out of this world! It tasted sweet, sour yet very refreshing. You could taste the tiny bits of strawberry – got lots of dietary fiber from this drink J
For my main dish I ordered the dwenjang jjigae set (RM15). Hmmm…it’s actually bean paste, tofu and vegetable stewin a bowl along with 3 prawns. You eat this with rice. The taste certainly reminded me of Japanese miso soup, but I know for sure that there was no MSG in it as KimchiHaru’s tagline is “Eat healthy at KimchiHaru”.
Along with this set came a green salad and kimchi (of course!). Both of these came with unlimited free refills…oh, how I love the kimchi. I asked for several rounds of refills and the Korean lady boss obliged. I must say the kimchi I had that day left me yearning for more – definitely a class above all kimchis I have had so far. It must have been left to marinate for some time as the taste was really good.
My dinner partner for the day ordered bulgoki bimbimbap(RM17) which is beef mixed rice. This dish is eaten with gochujang sauce . (The sauce was savory and pungent. I was told that it is typically made from red chili, glutinous rice, fermented soybeans and salt.) . The set came with free soup and some side dishes. The broccoli tasted a little pungent whilst the anchovies with peanuts was a tad too sweet for me. The 2 pieces of tofu had a unique flavor but was tasty.
I must say the service at this outlet was efficient and the lady boss who spoke limited English was very friendly. She even made us a Korean pancake – on the house!
I will come back to KimchiHaru again someday, that’s for sure.


Address: 10, 1st Floor,
Jalan SS15/4
Subang Jaya


Tel : + 603 - 56120020


Master card & Visa accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment